!threads!

Friends

Money

Jump to specified page
1#
Post time 2015-5-1 10:13:25 |Show the author posts only |Descending
Edited by WeiOn at 2015-5-1 23:10

1st Tourney:        Within Country and within server only
(Wei vs. Wei in S32, Wu vs. Wu in S32, and Shu vs. Shu in S32, etc.)       
                The winner per country fights the 2nd Tourney.
                This should determine the country Warrior #1, #2 and #3.

2nd Tourney:        Within Server
(Wei vs. Shu, Shu vs. Wu, Wu vs. Wei)
The player that wins in 2 rounds will fight the 3rd Tourney (Inter-Server Tourney)

3rd Tourney:        Inter-Server Competition begins (EXAMPLE ORDER):                                               
Example only, since there are servers that merged already.

Round 1                             Round 2                                                Round 3                                                                Round 4

s1 vs. s2                 the winner in s1 vs s2
                             fights with the winner of s3 vs. s4                  
s3 vs. s4                                                                                  The winners in the first two pairs in
                                                                                               Round 2 will fight in Round 3
s5 vs. s6                 the winner in s5 vs s6
                             fights with the winner of s7 vs. s8                  
s7 vs. s8                                                                                                                                                             The winners in the previous pairs will
                                                                                                                                                                          fight for Round 4
s9 vs. s10               the winner in s9 vs s10                              
                             fights with the winner of s11 vs. s12               
s11 vs. s12                                                                               The winners in the next two pairs in
                                                                                               Round 2 will fight in Round 3
s13 vs. s14             the winner in s13 vs s14
                             fights with the winner of s15 vs. s16               
s15 vs. s16

The initial pairing in Round 1 and the successive pairing is ideal (s1 vs. s2, s3 vs. s4, etc. and not s1 vs. s16, s31 vs. s28, etc.) so old servers don’t match with new servers right away. The pairing is sound and fair. And all servers get to join the final round and get the chance to earn country rewards.
The winner in the 3rd Tourney in the 1st round fights in the 2nd round, and the winner in the 2nd round fights the 3rd round, and so on, until the ultimate winner is identified.

Rationale:                                                               
        Fair fights. Strong server players get to fight strong server players and new server players get to fight other new server players, but all FAIRLY gets the chance to reach the final fight.       
        Moreover, feeding old servers with the new servers will be avoided. Complaints of unfair fights will be minimized at least or eliminated at last.                                               
        In this case, the new server will have the chance to fight fair with previously opened server and not old server right away in the first fights. (boooo!)
What’s happening in the current tourneys is I am in a server that was opened just this year, level 97 with only Gan Ning level 81 and D.Wei level 85 as my best generals in the first fight, I fought someone with C.Cao level 100++ Z.Fei 100++ from a very much older server. The point system tourney allows old server players to fight with new server players at first fights. Point system tourney is somehow unfair in such cases. That is why many new server players would complain about being a food being fed to old servers during tourneys. For new server players, Tourneys are not for them. It is for the old servers only and they are just used for old servers to grow. That is why I recommend this flow of inter-server competition to make it fair. Of course the end is it will still be sima and Suwandi but at least, the new server players are able to FIGHT FAIR until they can no longer fight, and not lose right away in the first battle because of fighting an old player with high level generals.

This is just a suggestion, it worked on other games I've played, fair and square. But if it had already been tested in the past and it didn't work, then just disregard this, I'm a bit new to the game. I just don't have the luxury of time to read the game history.

by:
IGN: WeiOn
Server: S30 (Wei-The ruling country)

!threads!

Friends

Money

2#
Post time 2015-5-1 16:33:51 |Show the author posts only
good suggestions, agree with it

!threads!

Friends

Money

3#
Post time 2015-5-1 20:26:12 |Show the author posts only
too complicated worried "their way of thinking" haven't reach enough evolution to understand it
simplest way is merge all server into 1 then no need inter server anymore

!threads!

Friends

Money

4#
Post time 2015-5-1 21:40:43 |Show the author posts only
FockYerDodder replied at 2015-5-1 20:26
too complicated worried "their way of thinking" haven't reach enough evolution to understand it
simp ...

Having many servers is not the problem. In fact, having many servers will help keep the game going. Merging all server into 1 is not going to happen. New server means new players or returnees or transfer players. It means since there is new server, there will be new VIPs. VIPs keep the game going. without them, the game ends. Inter-server competition is a good way of virtual socialization, meeting and competing with the rest of the players in other servers. The concern is that it just has to be fair.

!threads!

Friends

Money

5#
Post time 2015-5-1 21:48:15 |Show the author posts only
FockYerDodder replied at 2015-5-1 20:26
simp ...

It's not really complicated. My suggestion is even simpler than the current tourney. The framework is just basic deductive process from all players to the chosen champion. But it is fair. Point system is what's complicated because high levels can have low points if defeated in the first round and next round he fights a low level. Then the low level complains. That is why people complains until now of the tourney being unfair. because it is just complicated. The simple process of tourney, the one I am suggesting is easier. within country first, then within server, then goes the inter-server. It does not sound complicated at all.

!threads!

Friends

Money

6#
Post time 2015-5-2 03:11:53 |Show the author posts only
Edited by Dwyne at 2015-5-2 03:14

This game is boring anyway, i dont think they (dev team) will ever consider it. Coz, they arent gonna waste their income from all vvips player just for this imbalance tounament or whatever event they create. The harder the game is the more money they can make... They will suck new comers or old player money that will play in new or old server. Its all about money. Peace out. FYI the game is suck ballz.

!threads!

Friends

Money

7#
Post time 2015-5-2 07:55:11 |Show the author posts only
I agree with WeiOn, the distribution of opponents in the Contest is unfair!
Low lvl players should not be fighting high levels!
The points based system is bad!
You should change it to init based system at least the first round or lvl based system.
And make sure next rounds it does not become all mixed up again.
After first round it should be again points plus  init/lvl systems combined. This way we can win more

!threads!

Friends

Money

8#
Post time 2015-5-2 09:18:25 |Show the author posts only
This isnt coomplicated at all on a coding level.

The goal I see here is getting more people involve than just watching the top 16 compete. or get thrown into a server war where we player levels are so big, it gets its one sided.

Having larger scale tournaments gets more people involve. The game should be promoting more involvement not just people sitting on the sideline watching.

!threads!

Friends

Money

9#
Post time 2015-5-2 09:44:58 |Show the author posts only
HuanWen replied at 2015-5-2 09:18
This isnt coomplicated at all on a coding level.

The goal I see here is getting more people involve ...

I totally agree.

!threads!

Friends

Money

10#
Post time 2015-5-3 23:28:48 |Show the author posts only
Lol...dont cry weion with fight with old server in tourney that chance to get more exp for level up.
It does no matter who fight in tourney just enjoy this game.
We have 5 fight in tourney so enjoy it sometime u can win sometime u lose that reality.
Red225 S.19
You have to log in before you can reply Login | 立即注册

Heyshell

2024-6-11 18:28 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.041722 second(s), 19 queries .