Search
View: 687|Reply: 2
Print Prev. thread Next thread

Are you actually saving some money or just kicking the can?

[ Promote this link! ]

!threads!

Friends

Money

Jump to specified page
1#
Post time 2022-1-17 22:37:18 |Show the author posts only |Ascending
In short, I ended up accepting a student loan offer of about $4,000 over and above what is needed for this semester, but I'm wondering if it could really benefit us. Dh and I have high-interest credit card debt, as well as several promotional cards. I'm thinking about going ahead and using the extra credit money to pay off all or as much of our credit card debt as possible right now. By doing so, we would in fact remain simply debtors on our revolving accounts. Will this really save us money or is it a bad idea and I should just refund the extra money?

!threads!

Friends

Money

3#
Post time 2022-1-18 00:15:00 |Show the author posts only
The idea of finding a second job is not bad. However, this does not cancel the accumulated credit card debts. I can say from my experience that it is pretty challenging to close credit cards, especially when there are several of them and there are no stable high earnings.
I managed to do it in a year with titanic efforts. I almost always worked and saved all the extra money for repayment. Now I have sworn never to open credit cards again because I don't know how to use them.
As a last resort, I will use a loan from kulutusluottojen yhdistäminen. They have lucrative offers from time to time.

!threads!

Friends

Money

2#
Post time 2022-1-18 00:10:02 |Show the author posts only
I think it's a good idea if you cut up credit cards and don't use them anymore, and you stick to a budget with a plan.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | 立即注册

Heyshell

2024-9-28 15:29 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.039056 second(s), 20 queries .