Search
View: 620|Reply: 0

to see someone take a scientific approac

[ Promote this link! ]

!threads!

Friends

Money

Post time 2019-6-24 13:48:49 |Show all posts
In a forefoot strike, impact forces are attenuated through a combination of rotational motion at the ankle joint and energy storage in the elastic Achilles tendon. Some pronation occurs, slowed primarily by the tibialis posterior muscle (the primary inverter of the foot and supporter of the arch). In a rearfoot strike, the ability to dissipate energy through ankle joint rotation and store potential energy in the Achilles tendon is dramatically reduced. Motion that would occur at the ankle joint occurs  elsewhere: the subtalar joint (the joint in the rearfoot between the talus and the calcaneus that allows one to invert and evert the foot). Instead of sagittal plane motion at the ankle, the subtalar joint pronates excessively Nike Air Max Classic BW Donne in the frontal plane, and it pronates very rapidly. In other words, heel striking may cause excessive pronation because impact forces cannot be transmitted through a mobile ankle to the gastroc-soleus complex (calves). Rather, the body dissipates impact forces at a different joint in a different plane of motion.We reviewed many other facets of barefoot running, such as knee joint motion, shear forces, plantar pressures, and more. The idea that a forefoot strike in a minimally cushioned shoe without pronation control could actually reduce excessive pronation, however, was particularly interesting to me. I Nike Air Max 270 Donne hope readers of this blog will think the same.I’ve got feet like pancakes thus tend to “overpronate”. I’ve always thought the only way I could run was with tank-like shoes and heavy orthotics, and honestly thought only people Nike Air Max 90 Donne with perfect feet could, or should go barefoot or minimal.Last fall I started making the move toward the minimal end, twhere I’m in NB101s with very light insoles, and consider myself a pretty good mid-foot runner. I’m faster, my shin-splints and ITB have gone away, and I honestly have more fun running. But I’ve been hesitant to go any further. So I’m glad to see someone take a scientific approach Nike Air Max 90 Dames to this, and show that perhaps my issues weren’t just something I was born with and would have to deal with, but something I could take control of.It’s important to note that Nigg is contradicting quite a few other Nike Air Max Command Mujer studies (I have 11 sitting in front of me) with the paper cited here when he writes that pronation is not shown to be directly related to overuse injuries. Pronation, of course, is a natural, necessary motion. Too little  pronation is associated with a certain set of pathologies, and too much is associated with a different set. When we say that pronation per se is not associated with injuries that may be true. Pronation beyond a normal range is associated with overuse injuries.The second point is a great one. Unfortunately, intracortical bone pins are not allowed for biomechanical research in the United States, at Nike Air VaporMax Mens least to my knowledge. The one paper I reviewed that utilized bone pins (Stacoff et al. 2000) was done in Denmark (bone pin studies seem mostly to come out of Scandinavia). Stacoff et al. 2000 (Nigg was the second listed  author) found no difference in pronation, but used only heel-toe gait. Other researchers have tried to avoid the pitfall of measuring shoe motion (rather than bone motion) by using sandals and placing their markers directly on skin. This is also an inherent source of error, but better than shoe measurement.If i understand correctly what Phil Shaw is saying above is that with a heel strike we still see some of that force being converted into rotation,but as pronation, further more because of the foot structure and inability of the tibialis posterior muscle to counter act it it is faster and more ponounced that Adidas Superstar Mujer with a fore foot strike.Another point that occured to me is regarding the construction of minimalist shoes, more specifically those with reduced drops. id postulate that the reduction in offset provides more range of Nike Air Presto Mujer movement in which the foot can disperse the impact, thus allowing greater time to control the speed of pronation.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | 立即注册

Heyshell

2024-3-29 04:48 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.039534 second(s), 21 queries .