marvelous creature

[ Promote this link! ]

!threads!

Friends

Money

Jump to specified page
1#
Post time 2020-9-17 10:47:54 |Show the author posts only |Descending
What are the odds this would happen? That I would be in the right spot…that I would hear this snippet of conversation. I felt compelled to talk to the women and tell them I run a cat rescue and that their friend could contact me and come visit our kittens if it would help her feel better---not to push an adoption on her. I was brutally depressed. I wanted to work up the courage to talk to them, feeling I’d had a sign to do so, but I just couldn’t do it. It was difficult enough not to break down and cry in public.

Someone was sending me a message, but I didn’t know who sent it. Was it my mother, homecoming dresses who I’m at odds with after finding out she lied to me about my brother not being my full-blood-brother? I didn’t find out until after she died! Was my father sending me a sign? Was it you? Did you do it?

I know you sent me yet another sign, Spencer. I was watching Hulu and the show (the remake of Four Weddings and a Funeral) featured a character named Ted SPENCER. Are you KIDDING ME?!! Is everyone on television named Spencer now? There were posters all over the wall in one scene because fictitious Ted Spencer is running for political office. I had to take a photo of the TV screen so someone else would believe me.

This is craziness! I don’t trust that this is real. I’m just open to hearing your name, right? That’s it. It’s just coincidence.

He also turned a spotlight on the small moments. Aside from a lighting refresh (the vintage Angelo Lelli fixture that hangs in the living room is wedding dresses one of Brauer’s most-loved pieces in the house), this mean swapping out the hardware. In an effort to riff on the old English brass accents that came with the home, he sourced mostly vintage pieces, scoring door knockers in Milan and a coat hook from the Waldorf Astoria hotel. “It’s a little detail, but I wanted to make sure everything felt consistent,” he adds.

During the pandemic, I've had to make many beauty sacrifices. I have not had my eyebrows done since March. (There is no brow gel in the world that can save me now.) Then, there's the hair on my head. While I'm used to getting box braids or another protective style, like many others, I've been tasked with styling it myself. Things are getting unruly. I understand these are first-world problems, but I mourn the times I could walk into a salon, get done up, pay, and go. Much of my beauty routine has been turned on its head, and while my wallet has always been a crafty reminder vintage wedding dresses that I love to invest in pampering, doing these rituals myself offered me space to confront why I choose to give so much of myself to it, especially when it comes to shaving.

I have an interesting relationship with my body hair and razors. It all started in middle school — puberty had no grace on me. I grew hair in places I didn't know you could. My hair color is also very dark against my skin color, so you would not miss it if I skipped leg day. One man (annoyingly) reminded me of this and suggested I use lemon juice dance shoes to lighten my body hair. To "fix" this, I looked at all the wrong places for answers — teen magazines that swore by hair-removal creams, and all the hairless Barbie-waxed legs I saw from my favorite beauty influencers. Even my friends during that time did not have as much body hair as me.

!threads!

Friends

Money

2#
Post time 2020-9-17 15:41:41 |Show the author posts only

It is indeed a strange creature  how to plant
You have to log in before you can reply Login | 立即注册

Heyshell

2024-4-19 23:19 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.037331 second(s), 19 queries .