!threads!

Friends

Money

Jump to specified page
1#
Post time 2014-12-31 14:56:06 |Show the author posts only |Descending
Edited by Aptknack at 2015-1-2 14:57

Hi all,

Happy 2015 to everyone! I think it is good to get things off your chest whenyou feel like expressing it, and putting things behind. In terms of this game,I have some views also.
I totally understand this is business for the GM, but it is also fun for theplayers. But I think when knowledge spreads more and more, you will realizethat maybe we can hope for better.

For some time many have asked me if the chinese server is really cheaper andare their costs the same. I mean if their gold is cheaper but costs higher thenof course that will make no difference. However, the point of this post is tomake a strong request to the GM to understand that we are all human beings. Iknow you hope no one knows the real cost of things, heck if I am the GM I willalso want to charge high and earn more.

But reality is, more and more people are understanding that the real costs ofthe original game is actually 3 times lower than this. Once and for all, I willshow everyone how it is like on the chinese servers.

Aside to Arthur and gang, I have nothing against the GM, but in reality it isexpensive and that is why players resort to cheating and fake recharging, andyou lose players over time. There are many other games like Kungfu House andClash of Clans etc applying similar models but much less expensive and easierto "have fun" even without spending much. You have to consider thepossibility that, the forumla of satisfaction = FUN/COSTS, maybe getting lowerfor COTK and higher for some of these other games. I like the game and wouldwant to see players spend on it, but it is hard to make them spend on theinsane amount of things that you refuse to give into, not even the basic goldprice. I think if you lower the gold price by 3 times, not only you will notlose customers to other games, you will have more players spending. I cannotguarantee the overall profit of your revenues, but I can promise 2 things thatwill happen. 1) People will have better things to say about the English COTKversion - which translates into business 2) Your revenue streams will lastlonger. (At the pace this is going, the game will die a year or 2). Lower costswill prolong the revenue streams and may over be better, or breaking even withcurrent situation. - BECAUSE, you cannot stop people from knowing the truth ofthe costs in this game.

Now to the main post. This is the screenshot I posted sometime back.

Although this is denominated in SGD, a little conversion is clear that USD100 gets you 6300 gold. For our English version, USD100 gets you 2300 (2.73 times exact), almost 3 times more expensive. This is alright IF the costs of all the other items in the game is also 3 times more expensive than our English version. However, this is not the case.

Let us start with gold that we spend almost everyday.

Familiar? Free silver, wood, food for daily login. 1 gold iron and 5 gold gem first worship. Exactly the same cost. Let's see another...

Well I can't show you the 5 gold per refine because I have 29 advance orders. You can see however the free is also 12 per 6 hours. I assure you if I use up all my 29 advance, you will see the 5 gold per refine. I was considering if I should use up all the 29 advance just to show the 5, but heck if you don't believe it's 5 then just go spend your gold wkwkwk. Next one, interesting also...

Well in the latest version of COTK, there are free advance summon (like advance refine), but you can see the advance*10 summon costs also 1400 gold also.
Imagine if you recharge USD100 and you have 2300 gold, you cannot even do 2 advance*10. BUT if the gold you get for USD100 is 6300, you can do 4 TIMES advance*10 SUMMON!!!! That is potentially 4 PURPLE heroes!!!! and 36 RED heroes!! for now if you spend 2300 on liegeman, you can at BEST get 1 purple hero and well, 15 RED heroes, if you use advance only. So spending on liegeman, well good to have but unless you are very rich, you have to live with free summon. The GM don't seem to understand that if I can have 6300 gold, I will spend more on this area.

One more thing about liegeman, GM can correct me if I am wrong, you seem to have lowered the probability of Purple liegeman even with advance*10 purchase following the Chinese server probability, however, they are given 6300 gold, you can do that to them, but we are given 2300 gold, you still don't give us purple for every 1400 summon, how to use this function more often?

Other costs are simply the same as well:

30 gold for paid explore

40gold for 25SP

10 gold for additional daily task star

Do you see any difference in costs at all???

How about in game spending? Such as shadows?

It is still 20 gold per shadow. I used up my free shadows to show the 20 gold wkwk. Well for USD100 now I can shadow 115 times. For those in chinese server, a RC of USD100 gives them 315 shadows. well, the thought of that makes me want to shadow less now.

I think you get the point. The costs in the chinese game is not more expensive, they are paying for items and stuff the same amount of gold as us, but they get cheaper gold.

This post is not to punish or blame the GM. We want to spend ourselves. But are we super-generous or super-stupid? that we look at this and decide we are going to live with this. 2015 is coming, I ask the GM to surprise us pleasantly and allow the price to be the same as the Chinese servers. I assure you, you will see prolonged spending and even some people who didn't spend may also start spending. I have set a poll and hopefully, our views are heard and something done. Have a good year ahead.

Regards,
YunFei, S7

Multiple Polls: ( Maximum 3 choices ), Total 214 Users voted View Voters
93.98% (203)
2.31% (5)
3.70% (8)
Your User group have no permission to vote

!attach_nopermission_notice!

You have to Login to download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

!threads!

Friends

Money

2#
Post time 2014-12-31 15:14:47 |Show the author posts only
Agree with YunFei.
Bravo S7 S9
Happy new year for all COTK player, game for fun and make friends with other.
Happy new year GM. waiting for same gold price with Chinese server

!threads!

Friends

Money

3#
Post time 2014-12-31 15:19:56 |Show the author posts only
Support this shit

!threads!

Friends

Money

4#
Post time 2014-12-31 15:29:18 |Show the author posts only
Agree indeed.... please just make some new revolution changes, so that we can enjoy playing and rc more...but when its too high??  Not fun at all...

Thank u

!threads!

Friends

Money

5#
Post time 2015-1-1 00:23:38 |Show the author posts only
Well if that the case no point we being the cash cow.No more RC until they sort it out.It real cash vs virtual cash they have nothing to lose

!threads!

Friends

Money

6#
Post time 2015-1-1 09:39:42 |Show the author posts only
Well they cant exactly change this unless they are willing to refund or rebate in gold to those whom have already spend thousands on this game so i am guessing nothing is going to be done about this.

!threads!

Friends

Money

7#
Post time 2015-1-1 16:01:21 |Show the author posts only
Dear Bos,

First of all, I want to say thank you to my brother to raise this issue up and I would like to agree of his comment and solution.

Our GM also want a fair play that we could seen in our user interface notification. It would be sound amazing if our GM can perform converter.
Actually, I also want our GM to do some "adjustment" like give bonus from our past period top up but I understood that you can't finish it all issue at the same time.

Please listen to our request to convert or adjust our payment. Hopefully GM can accept and answer our small request as soon as possible and thank you.

Regrads,
MerLynn S18

!threads!

Friends

Money

8#
Post time 2015-1-1 17:00:39 |Show the author posts only
Voted, great post Yunfei Hope GM listen to us and adjust the gold package in a fair manner.

!threads!

Friends

Money

9#
Post time 2015-1-1 17:20:19 |Show the author posts only
Hi..
I have filed a several complained to GM over this issues too, but seems like our dearest Mr gm didn't even bother explaining !!!
this had been very frustrating. The only respond i gt is " the Chinese server had a different developer "
I guess GM try to bluff everyone believing that crap excuses...
what a total joke on management !!!!

!threads!

Friends

Money

10#
Post time 2015-1-1 18:46:25 |Show the author posts only
Many players already sound their disagreement over the price of gold in this game. I personally think that if there is still no response at all from the management, means this forum is only read by those low rank officers of service department who cant make the job well done. What harm will it makes to you only to forward these messages from the players to the authorized or decision making leader and then come back to us with a certain answer? I think we deserve far much respect here.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | 立即注册

Heyshell

2024-4-26 04:45 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.044773 second(s), 23 queries .