Search
View: 1148|Reply: 3

Job Search Tips

[ Promote this link! ]

!threads!

Friends

Money

Post time 2021-7-1 19:39:35 |Show all posts
The irony of job search advice: There’s so much available that you don’t have to spend more than four seconds Googling before you land on some nugget of wisdom or another.

Yet, at the same time, there’s so much available (some of which completely contradicts other advice you’ll find) that it can easily overwhelm you. Which, in fact, is probably the exact opposite outcome you’re looking for when you go sleuthing for genuinely useful counsel in the first place.

So let’s do this: Let’s boil things down to a short list of sound, timeless job searching tips that’ll help you fine-tune your strategy so that you may sail through the process (or at least cut out some of the unnecessary time and frustration).

Make Yourself a “Smack-in-the-Forehead” Obvious Fit
When you apply for a job via an online application process, it’s very likely that your resume will first be screened by an applicant tracking system and then (assuming you make this first cut) move onto human eyeballs. The first human eyeballs that review your resume are often those of a lower level HR person or recruiter, who may or may not understand all of the nuances of that job for which you’re applying.

Thus, it behooves you to make it very simple for both the computer and the human to quickly connect their “Here’s what we’re looking for” to your “Here’s what you can walk through our doors and deliver.”

Don’t Limit Yourself to Online Applications During Your Job Search
You want that job search to last and last? Well, then continue to rely solely on submitting online applications. You want to accelerate this bad boy? Don’t stop once you apply online for that position. Start finding and then endearing yourself to people working at that company of interest. Schedule informational interviews with would-be peers. Approach an internal recruiter and ask a few questions. Get on the radar of the very people who might influence you getting an interview.

!threads!

Friends

Money

Post time 2021-7-2 12:21:29 |Show all posts
Finding a job is the most terrible and difficult task for me. It always bothered me that I could be treated with disdain. It doesn't matter what you call it. Stressful interview? But I don’t want that. I need a quiet job. That's why I thought a professional resume would save me from this - https://resumewritinglab.com/legal-resume-writing-service.html  I applied to a large company and used my new resume. I got a reply three days later and made the interview interactive. I was surprised and delighted when I got a job in the company so easily.

!threads!

Friends

Money

Post time 2021-9-1 02:16:53 |Show all posts
Hi people. Great thread. Thanks. Is there anything else similar?

!threads!

Friends

Money

Post time 2021-9-1 02:23:31 |Show all posts
Hey. I also had a period when I stood at a crossroads and could not find a job. But I found such a site with an online job. This gave me a boost in the right direction. I first became an intern and it took me six months to get a promotion. But now I don't regret it. I have great remote work and a good salary.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | 立即注册

Heyshell

2024-3-29 07:44 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.037166 second(s), 19 queries .