Search
View: 358|Reply: 1

Taking time off to raise kids as a PA and maintaining certification

[ Promote this link! ]

!threads!

Friends

Money

Post time 2022-8-4 20:42:21 |Show all posts
        So I have wanted to do something in the health care system for a long time now and I have narrowed it down to nursing or PA. I am currently a senior about to graduate and have all the pre-reqs and experience for both professions (shadowing, patient contact hours, etc.).
        I am trying to find more information about taking time off as a PA to raise kids. When I start a family, my plan is to stay at home for about 10 or so years and raise my kids. I know that to maintain a PA certification, PAs must complete 100 CMEs every two years. But what happens if they decide to take off 10 years? Do they have to go through another PA program? Or are they okay as long as they complete their CME's?
        Would really appreciate some advice on this! I am thinking about getting my RN and working until I have kids, and eventually going back and getting my NP or PA certification once my kids get older.

!threads!

Friends

Money

Post time 2022-8-4 20:52:55 |Show all posts
You have a wonderful profession that allows you to keep a work-life balance and always be in demand and professionally and be happy in the family. I think you should not give up work for 10 years, especially since you can quite combine work and family. I adopted my children through fosterplus.org, and I, being in similar conditions to yours, manage to raise children and develop professionally. I think this is the best thing a parent can do because, after 10 years, you will lose your work skills and get too used to living in the interests of your children, which is fraught with overprotection.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | 立即注册

Heyshell

2024-3-29 21:25 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.037487 second(s), 20 queries .