Jayamohan in Boston

[ Promote this link! ]

!threads!

Friends

Money

Jump to specified page
1#
Post time 2023-10-3 15:14:14 |Show the author posts only |Descending

An evening with Jayamohan in Boston Jayamohan used to title one of his essays 'The Forest Staring at the Forest'. This can be compared to a reader looking at a writer's work. Writers live in a different world when their works are written; This is what the reader sees as the writer. When the work is finished, the writer returns to the ordinary world. That's why author interviews are always interesting. Which world's writer do we know? Creative? This world? Following Jayamohan from 2003-04. Starting with Tinnai, Kadu, Vishnupuram, Kortavai, Seventh World, Venmurasu, Today's Gandhi, Short Stories, Essays, Discussions, I continue him without fail after Ashokamitran. I don't miss a page on his site every day. There are many similarities and differences. Jayamohan was unable to meet him when he came to Boston in .

As soon as he was confirmed to come special-data this time, Boston confirmed the date of Paula's meeting. Friend Vikram booked a room at Waltham Library. 20-25 people attended. The 6:30pm meeting started at 7:30pm due to the Greater Boston area's notorious traffic jams. He shook hands easily with a sly smile. Introduced Arunmozhi. Naturally he looked at the group and asked what he could talk about. Friend Naveen said 'you speak first' and started with 'Let me talk about reading literature' and made six main points: In short: Our educational institutions should teach the basics of knowing literature. Otherwise we have to learn it ourselves. Companies do this in Kerala. But this is not happening in Tamil Nadu. (I didn't think then that questions along these lines were going to anger him later). Many centers like Sundara Ramasamy, Devadathan, Sureshkumar Indrajith, Pramil, Gnanakkoothan, Ashokamitran teach the basics of literary reading in Tamil.

Rules for reading literature 1) Literature is not direct experience. Cultivated by imagination. 2) Literature cannot be viewed as external. Literary reading is living in the imagination through creation. 3) Don't reduce creativity to concept. A mass concept, a center is not present in a literary work. 4) The whole idea of ​​the writer cannot be taken from his works. The position of the writer when he creates literature should not be confused with the ideas he gets through his essays. 5) The plot cannot be taken as the basis of the entire novel. The story center is like a skeleton. 6) Good readers of literature will notice another line going through the literary story (reversal) related to the plot point. After this the question and answer session started. Friends Arvind, Naveen and one more friend (can't remember name) started asking questions from Jayamohan's works.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | 立即注册

Heyshell

2024-5-14 20:52 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.038188 second(s), 20 queries .