Search
View: 4347|Reply: 2

Colts rookie defends himself from sexual assault allegations

[ Promote this link! ]

!threads!

Friends

Money

Post time 2020-12-2 09:02:46 |Show all posts
WESTFIELD, Ind. Indianapolis Colts linebacker Bobby Okereke defended himself Saturday against sexual assault accusations from 2015, calling the allegations untrue.His name was publicly connected to the case for the first time last month, but Okereke made no public statements until after the Colts completed their first training camp practice in full pads Saturday Indianapolis Colts Hoodies.Those were untrue allegations, I willingly complied with the school investigation and was found not responsible, he said. I informed the team about it during the pre-draft process and right now Im just focused on making this team Isaiah Johnson Jersey, helping this team out any way I can, and Im moving forward. Okereke was not punished by Stanford after a university board failed to reach the required 4-1 or 5-0 vote to hold him accountable. Criminal charges were not filed, either.The New York Times initially reported in December 2016, without naming the parties involved, the board twice voted 3-2 in favor of the accuser before turning down a third request for a hearing. In June, The Fountain Hopper, an independent student-run website at Stanford, published details of the allegations and named Okereke as the accused football player.It didnt come as a surprise to the Colts.Just hours after Okerekes name surfaced publicly, general manager Chris Ballard told local reporters on a conference call that Okereke notified the team about the allegations during a January interview at the Senior Bowl. Ballard said team officials then took an exhaustive look into Okerekes background, contacting school officials and reaching out to others close to Okereke. Ballard said he also told team owner Jim Irsay of the accusations before taking Okereke in the third round of Aprils draft https://www.indianapolisproshop.com/50-Colts_Rigoberto_Sanchez_Jersey, No. 89 overall.But Ballard acknowledged nobody spoke to the accuser or her attorney and that it was a very sensitive subject.When we looked at it and talked to him, it was an incident from four years ago. He was never charged with a crime, he was never disciplined by the university, Ballard said. He was a team captain, up for the Lott IMPACT award, he graduated with a degree in management and engineering and hes working on a masters. From everything we gathered, we felt it was appropriate to take him.On the field, Okereke was a key player for the Cardinal. He made 240 career tackles, had 10 ½ sacks, forced three fumbles and returned an interception for a touchdown in 51 career games.He was a 2018 quarterfinalist for the Lott award, which goes to the nations top defensive player based on athletic performance and character. Hes also an Eagle Scout and organized school tours at Stanford for underprivileged children during a summer internship with former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.Where he fits in with the Colts remains unclear.He spent most of the first three practices backing up Anthony Walker at middle linebacker and believes he will also be used on special teams https://www.indianapolisproshop.com/42-Colts_Bobby_Okereke_Jersey.Ill play wherever they put me, he said.

!threads!

Friends

Money

Post time 2021-11-28 07:20:22 |Show all posts
This is an extremely confusing scenario. It took me multiple rereads of the material to understand at least the essence of the problem, lol.
I've seen that many people have been accused of sexual assault recently. And I'm not sure how I'd react in that situation. On the one hand, I pity the victims who have found themselves in such a circumstance. On the other hand, I don't want anyone to be wrongfully blamed. Most cases of this crime are found in the military. It is encouraging that a growing number of military lawyers have emerged in recent years to assist in the justice system.

!threads!

Friends

Money

Post time 2022-1-9 01:56:59 |Show all posts
It's interesting to see how this case affected him. Even if he is found not guilty, I believe that being in such a situation is awful. I mean, I hope he wasn't found guilty because he is innocent, not because he is well-known and wealthy. I'm sure he had a qualified lawyer that established his innocence, such as https://federal-lawyer.com/new-york/new-york-city-federal-defense/.  It's a good thing he kept playing and is now a successful player. I hope it stays that way.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | 立即注册

Heyshell

2024-3-29 18:49 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.059984 second(s), 20 queries .