Light Emitting Diode

[ Promote this link! ]

!threads!

Friends

Money

Jump to specified page
1#
Post time 2021-9-20 18:41:14 |Show the author posts only |Descending
The fourth LED watch I own (an unmarked watch from the 70s) died, I have replaced the battery but to no avail. So that one is not in the picture. Hard to imagine that the first watches that came out cost more than a steel Rolex, much more! I find it a bit painful to see that even high-end Swiss brands were forced to market digital and and analogue display quartz watches in the 70s in an attempt to counter the wave of watches coming from Japan and other countries. Centuries of refined watch making almost wiped off the slate by cheap but highly accurate (even compared to chronometer movements) electronic watches. They were caught off-guard and complete underestimated what was going on.

!threads!

Friends

Money

2#
Post time 2021-9-20 21:44:35 |Show the author posts only
Groovy, man. Does the G.Gerlach require a button press to display the time?

!threads!

Friends

Money

3#
Post time 2021-9-20 22:58:04 |Show the author posts only
Pressing the button activates the dot-matrix LED display, very clever.

!threads!

Friends

Money

4#
Post time 2021-9-21 00:32:47 |Show the author posts only
You are right. Diode technology made a huge impression at the time. Because it was a new technology, customers were quickly interested in it. We live in a unique time when technology is coming faster and faster into our lives. Once upon a time, people couldn't imagine that LEDs would replace ordinary light bulbs and fixtures. Now it has become commonplace for us. For example, the LED lantern, which is in every home. I have one at home, and it often comes in handy when I go out with my family to the countryside or when there are power outages at home. I bought it here https://www.thegrommet.com/products/vont-collapsible-led-lantern-set-of-2. I recommend that everyone get one if you haven't already.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | 立即注册

Heyshell

2024-4-25 09:02 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.040130 second(s), 19 queries .