Search
View: 704|Reply: 2

Not showing data in dashboard. Am I doing something wrong?

[ Promote this link! ]

!threads!

Friends

Money

Post time 2022-4-26 18:43:51 |Show all posts
Hello. Let’s say I have a domain abc[dot]com and I want to track that. I am using django for backend. And in cpanel, even in django, we can open files located in public_html (cpanel) without any configuration.
Now my question is, can I track abc[dot]com while matoma is installed in abc[dot]com/web ?
The problem now is, even after adding javascript file to head in base template file, visitors data are not showing up.
My domain: allscoremeter.com
Matoma: allscoremeter.com/spy/index.php
PS: Since django have inbuilt url conf, allscoremeter[dot]com/spy only will throw 404.

!threads!

Friends

Money

Post time 2022-4-26 18:44:45 |Show all posts
Hi,

It doesn’t matter what your Website is built in, as long as you can set up Matomo and PHP on any server and your visitors can access the URL Matomo uses, everything should work.

You could for example use a subdomain for Matomo and configure your webserver to redirect the subdomain to Matomo/PHP and the main domain to django.

You site seems to be correctly sending data to Matomo, even though it is quite slow. Can you see any data in the visitor log? (check the date selector)

!threads!

Friends

Money

Post time 2022-4-26 18:45:27 |Show all posts
I really like Motomo, and it's a great alternative to Google Analytics. I used Google Analytics for a long time and then switched to Matomo. I have a better feeling about GDPR and what data is stored on the server, and I wanted to have this management for my visitors. Been using Matomo for a while now, and I'm extremely pleased with it. I even recommended it to some of my friends. Kind of disappointing that the heatmap feature is a paid service tho. But I recently did something stupid. I deleted my data from it, and I have to reach out to someone specializing in data recovery. FML!
You have to log in before you can reply Login | 立即注册

Heyshell

2024-3-29 03:03 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.038215 second(s), 20 queries .