Search
View: 556|Reply: 1

Instagram hacker bypasses 2FA and login notifications...how!??

[ Promote this link! ]

!threads!

Friends

Money

Post time 2022-5-14 01:50:23 |Show all posts
                                                Hey everyone,

A couple days ago I had my first experience being hacked on Instagram. How it happened is something I cannot figure and its seriously bugging me. I use a password manager that generates a strong password to secure to my account. I have 2 factor authentication set up and my choice was to use the password managers one time password as the authenticator as well as sms code. I have login notifications on as well so anytime I login I get an email and a push notification. I also have suspicious login attempt notifications on. Upon waking up the other day, I received a text from a few friends alerting me I was hacked. I did not receive a email login notification nor did I receive a push notification or suspicious login attempt notification. I did not receive a text with a 2-step code. Thankfully in my case, my password was not changed. I was able to open Instagram as usual and logout the other person who signed in. They were signed in from Germany. Here's what I do not understand, I logged in on my PC to change my password, immediately I got an email and push notification alerting me of a suspicious login attempt that requires my approval. Why did this not happen when said hacker logged in?

I know most "hacks" are phishing except I've only ever been logged in on my phone and I have never used a third party app to sign in with my Instagram. I also change my password every 6 months out of fear of being hacked since its happened to multiple of my friends. Does anyone know how it is possible that they were able to by pass 2-factor and login notifications?

!threads!

Friends

Money

Post time 2022-5-16 08:06:24 |Show all posts
Do you think well-known companies such as Microsoft are urging users to abandon 2FA solutions using SMS and voice calls just like that? SMS is known for its notoriously low security, making them open to many different attacks. No one is immune from hacking, even cool bloggers with a personal social media marketing strategy from 1394ta.Also, one-time codes can be hacked using easily accessible tools using the reverse proxy technique. The program intercepts the communication between the real service and the victim and monitors and records the victim's interaction with the service, including any credentials that she may use.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | 立即注册

Heyshell

2024-3-29 03:55 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.036805 second(s), 20 queries .